phect-NEPAL (Public Health Concern Trust-Nepal)
Kathmandu Model Hospital hosts CMAF Corrective Surgery Program
Sonoma, CA-based STRATAa/p has been providing architectural planning services for the Itahari Hospital project and will also be assisting CMAF with the reopening of the Chisang Clinic in Bawanee.
Children’s Medical Aid Foundation (CMAF) Founder & CEO Carol Vernal is active with the Rotary Club of Sonoma Valley. Through Carol’s efforts, Rotary clubs in the North Bay and Nepal have collaborated to support the work of CMAF in Nepal. It is tradition for a visiting Rotarian to bring a flag from the home club to exchange with the club being visited. Here, Carol receives a flag from the Biratnagar Rotary to bring back to the Sonoma Valley Rotary.
Medical supplies donated by:
Total Area: 147,181 sq km (Slightly larger than Arkansas)
Government of Nepal
People of Nepal
- Population: 28.9 million (2008) with 31% below poverty line
- Life expectancy: 67 Years old
- Approximately 43% of the population is illiterate
- 39% of children age 5 and under are malnourished
- 2% of children are born with birth defects
- 6% to 7% of all children die before the age of 5
- 1 Doctor /18,000 people & 1 Nurse/ 4,000 people in rural Nepal